The Dual Diagnosis program provides services to individuals who have a pre-existing developmental disability, and mental illness. The program psychiatrist assists in consultations and follow-up recommendations for treatment for individuals requiring this service.
- Information, education and referral services
- Support, coordinate services and links to resources that an individual may need,
- Service plan based on individual needs,
- Supportive counseling,
- Crisis-planning, crisis intervention and crisis prevention,
- Assistance with symptom and behavior management,
- Medication support,
- Family support and education,
- Advocacy and
- Public/professional education.