Community Treatment Orders (CTO)
The program assists individuals by providing treatment, care and supervision in the community instead of a longer stay in hospital or as an alternative to being hospitalized. The CTO plan identifies what the person and their supports (e.g. family, friends, and health care professionals) must do to help them stay well and out of hospital. This includes intensive case management supports.
- Assertive outreach,
- Information and education,
- Support, coordinate services and links to resources that an individual may need,
- Service plan based on individual needs and to support CTO plan,
- Supportive counselling,
- Crisis-planning, crisis intervention and crisis prevention,
- Assistance with symptom and behavior management,
- Medication support,
- Family support and education,
- Advocacy and
- Public/professional education.
Individuals with mental illness residing in Windsor-Essex County and over 16 years of age who have a history of repeated hospitalizations and who meet the committal criteria for the completion of an application by a physician for a psychiatric assessment under the Mental Health Act. Involuntary psychiatric patients who agree to a treatment/supervision plan as a condition of their release from a psychiatric facility to the community. Referrals accepted only from the CTO Coordinator.
How To Access The Service
Referrals come from the CMHA-WECB CTO coordinator at Hotel-Dieu Grace Hospital. Please contact (519) 973-4411 ext. 3427 for information.
Hotel-Dieu Grace Hospital
Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care
The regular business hours are 8:30 to 4:30 at the agency Monday to Friday. Services are available until 8:00 pm Monday to Thursday by appointment.