Our Mission & Vision
"To enhance and promote the mental health of all persons and support the resilience and recovery of people experiencing mental illness in our community through education, prevention, advocacy and services"
"Mentally Healthy People in a Healthy Society"
Person Centered Approach: We are committed to ensuring that the needs of the people being served are at the center of the mental health system.
Social Justice: We are committed to a basic sense of fairness, a respect for differences among people, and believe that every human being deserves an equal opportunity in life.
Self Determination: We respect differences among people and the right of every individual and community to make informed choices and decisions based on individual beliefs and community norms.
Accessibility: We are committed to services being available to those most in need, ensuring that individuals will not experience significant difficulties utilizing them. Services will be flexible and responsive to individual needs.
Excellence: We are committed to the highest possible standards of management and operations to meet the needs and expectations of the community.
Creativity: We encourage innovative ideas that are responsive to changing attitudes and needs in the community.
Integrity: We must be true to our mission and values and dedicated to promoting public trust and a sense of confidence within the organization.
Holism: We are committed to a holistic approach to health services based on the determinants of health. We recognize that a combination of physical, mental, emotional and social issues impact on the mental health of all individuals.
- To provide high quality services which build on natural supports, are confidential and safe and provide or link individuals to the least intrusive services to meet their needs.
- To provide integrated physical and mental health services to persons with a serious and persistent mental illness.
- To identify and strive to eliminate gaps in mental health services in Windsor and Essex County.
- To cultivate partnerships with consumers, families, and other service providers locally, regionally, provincially and nationally in furtherance of our mission.
- To advocate for change that will enable people with mental illness to achieve the highest quality of life possible, and to advocate for broader public policies that promote optimum mental health.
- To build community awareness of mental health issues and to educate the community on the impact of mental illness on individuals, families, friends and society at large.
- To position the Canadian Mental Health Association Windsor-Essex County Branch as a leader in the provision of mental health services.
- To ensure the governance policy process supports excellence, accountability and strategic planning.